The Social Stuff

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Add me on snapchat

Wednesday 7 June 2017

What I ate in a day - vegan weightloss diary

Lately I've been trying a form of intermittent fasting; really I was just cutting calories a bit to compensate for a big weekend that was upcoming, but interestingly, I have found that skipping breakfast really works for me.

I am not normally hungry until about 11.30 anyway and I find when I just have a coffee and lots of water in the morning, I snack way less!

I eat two bigger meals and any snacks I want later in the day and find I'm not so obsessed thinking about food all day. So here's what I ate yesterday:

I had a latte made with almond milk in our Nespresso machine around 9am, when I started work and drank a litre of water over the course of the morning.

I went for a 2.5 mile walk at lunchtime (I spied the sun pop out of the rain for a bit so took my chance!) When I got back I had my current obsession: tofu scramble. If I'm working from home, and I have Tofoo brand tofu in the fridge, I'm having this for lunch! (I showed how I make this in my last video, if you are interested; I will link to that at the end of the post!)

For a snack I had a handful of dried apple slices

And a packet of these salted caramel pecks. I got these in a vegan tuck box and immediately went and ordered a box of 10, because they are FREAKING DELICIOUS! OMG. So good.

After the gym, I made potato nachos and they were so effing good!

This was basically some oven baked potato slices topped with the following all sauteed together: 1/2 a small red onion, a chunk of courgette, a 1/4 of a red pepper, a couple of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 a small tin of kidney beans and about 50g of sweetcorn (what was left in the tin). I also added 50g of Sainsbury's meat free frozen mince, some fajita spice, a bit of salt and 80ml of passata.

I added M&S chunky guacamole, Oatly Oat Fraiche and some jarred salsa on top. This was gooey perfection. And it look that pretty ^^ for around 4 seconds :)


So that was what I ate yesterday; I was a little low on calories, because I ate dinner late and it filled me up so much, I couldn't eat any more!

Let me know if you want me to start adding in full calories and nutrition breakdown to these posts and I shall do it! But in summary, my fat was a bit high and protein a bit low, but I still got in 60g of protein which is a good amount. I was also below on sodium for once! Something I've been trying to be more mindful of.

Tonight I'm off to try on my wedding dress - eek! I ordered it in February, so I'll be interested to see if it's too big or not.

Sal xXx

Ps: my last WIAIAD vid as promised: 

No comments:

Post a Comment