The Social Stuff

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Add me on snapchat

Wednesday 30 November 2016

Syn Free Gravy

A syn free roast is easy to do but it's the gravy that adds syns if you use bisto, albeit only a few. But if you want a syn free version, here's one I made to put on my sausage and mash last night:

I just made 1 serving as it is just me that is vegan / on SW in our house. I sliced a shallot and fried it off in frylight until it had a bit of colour. Then I crumble in a veggie oxo cube and then added around 1/2 a cup of hot water (add more as you cook it if needed).

I also added a tsp of marmite and a tsp of tomato puree - both of these help to thicken the gravy a bit. Then just turned down the heat to low to keep it warm until the rest of the food was cooked. Season to taste.

I think the stock cube you use is key here, as it gives most of the flavour, so use one you like the taste of. Also, Oxo cubes are pretty salty (and marmite is too) so I only added pepper as it didn't need salt, but you may need to add some if you use a lower sodium stock.



Sal xXx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sal, I found your blog while looking for info on nutritional yeast and Slimming World. I have laughed so much, and really enjoyed your posts!! The recipes are awesome too :)
    This one for gravy, so simple but brilliant! I have a hard time getting the gravy flavour right, so I'll be trying this one for sure!
    Please visit my blog too for some Vegan ideas for SW @www.mushypeacurry.com. Hopefully you'll find something delicious to help you on your journey. Georgina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, I will check out your blog too 😀 X

      Delete