The Social Stuff

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Add me on snapchat

Saturday 8 October 2016

Easy (SP Friendly) Syn Free Vegan Chilli Recipe

First things first, results of this week's weigh-in:

I lost 1.5 lbs this week! YAY.

Here is a super easy recipe for the SP day friendly vegan chilli I mentioned in the yesterday's food diary that I posted this afternoon.

I actually had it with rice the other night (and the leftovers on a baked potato for lunch yesterday) but this makes for a yummy SP day meal, either alone or with cauli-rice.


Ingredients:
1 small onion, diced
Frylight Spray
1 red pepper, diced finely
1 tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce
1 tin of cooked lentils
2 tomatoes, chopped
a pinch of sweetener
2 tsps of marmite
Chilli flakes or chilli powder (optional) to taste

This makes 3-4 servings but on SP days I often eat half of it as I have it without rice.

Method:
Fry the onion in frylight until it starts to soften and colour a bit then add the pepper and cook for a little more time. You could also throw in a clove or 2 of garlic if you want.

Add all the other ingredients (I add chilli flakes as the chilli sauce on the beans isn't that hot, but only add if you like it spicier) and bring to the boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook for at least 15 minutes, but anywhere up to 30-40 will be fine too. I pretty much just put my rice on once it's simmering and cook it til the rice is done.

Re the marmite - even if you're a hater, add it in. It adds a lovely savoury note to the chilli. If you hate it so much you can't bear to be around it, just add a bit of extra salt.

I added 3.5 syns worth of avocado mashed with a bit of salt and lime juice.

Have an awesome weekend.
Sal xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment