The Social Stuff

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Add me on snapchat

Friday 2 September 2016

What I ate yesterday (SP Day) and weekly weigh in

Weigh in: 2 lbs lost YAY! That means I lost the 1.5 lbs I put on last week, plus a cheeky extra half pound. Yippee.

So how about a little food diary?? I had a bit of a heavy weekend, well one day anyway (as I mentioned in my previous post) so I'm doing a couple of SP days this week. Here's what I ate on Wednesday.

Breakfast
2 x small wholemeal slices of bread (HEB) with strawberry jam (1 syn)
125ml/half a cup of Alpro plain yogurt with coconut (0.5 syn)
Some grapes

Lunch
Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf*

This was super easy; I just cooked an onion and a few sliced, large white mushrooms in frylight. Then I soaked a good handful of dried mushrooms. I added around 120g (about 1/2 a cup) of dry quinoa to the pan and then added the dried mushrooms, their soaking water (plus a bit extra water to make it up to 1 cup) and added a veggie stock cube. I also added a chopped roasted red pepper (from a jar).

I let this cook around 20 minutes, until the quinoa was cooked, adding a bit more water where needed. I checked the seasoning and it was ready to go into a tupperware to bring to work. I ate it cold.

I also had some more grapes.

Snack
Wheaty Space Bar (3 syns) 


Dinner
Lentil chickpea curry with more wholemeal bread (my second HEB). I used 1/2 a cup of soya yogurt in this so it's 0.5 syns for the whole recipe, and I ate about half of it. But I'm counting it as 1/2 a syn for today.


I actually filmed the making of this curry so look out for a recipe post coming very soon!

Snack
Chocolate orange rice cake (4 syns)
1 teaspoon of orange spice choc shot (1 syn) in some warm soymilk (HEA)

This is the brand of rice cakes - I get them in Sainsburys or Waitrose from the Free From aisle :)

So I finished the day on 10 syns.

Hope you're having an awesome week. Have you weighed in yet this week? How'd you do?

Sal xXx

* I may have messsed up as not sure if you are meant to have quinoa on an SP day? However, I always thought of it as a protein and not just a grain, so hopefully it's ok.

1 comment: