The Social Stuff

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Add me on snapchat

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Update and staying on track at the weekend!

So last week I had a gain, 1.5 lbs. Could have been worse and was totally expected after an awesome weekend of 80s Rewind Festival, lots of junk food, booze and meals out.

So I'm trying to reign it back in this week in the hopes that I can lose that 1.5 lbs by Thursday. I'm doing a couple of SP days this week.

Over the weekend is where I always struggle though. Especially this weekend as we were moving. So no one felt like cooking! And we ended up having 2 takeaways. On Friday we got Chinese and I know I went over my syns by a lot. I also had wine. BUT... I wrote it all down and decided to reduce my syns for the other days of the week, so that I don't go over the 105 total.

Then Saturday night, an Indian takeaway was suggested. This time I decided to limit the damage and googled the best options syn wise. It turned out vegetable dhansak was the lowest, at 6.5 syns and I ordered plain boiled rice as a free accompaniment. I skipped the wine and the breads/bhajis etc and managed to stay under my syns for the day.

Then yesterday was bank holiday and we had a barbecue. And I managed to have a full BBQ meal for only 1/2  syn. I had:

1 Linda McCartney red onion sausage (free)
1 Linda McCartney regular sausage (1/2 syn)
1 vegan quorn fillet
Some homemade syn free BBQ sauce*
Roasted potatoes done in Frylight
Corn on the cob
Asparagus
Sweetcorn/Edamame salad
Regular Salad



That's a pretty decent meal! I was originally going to have a Linda McCartney burger which are 4.5 syns, but by swapping that out for the quorn fillet, I had enough syns for a Rowntrees fruit pastille ice lolly for 3 syns!)


(* recipe is coming for bbq sauce soon, as soon as I figure out the measurements!)

Hope you all had a fab bank holiday weekend!
Sal xXx

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog and I am so glad I did! I tried slimming world a few years ago (pre-vegan) but only went to two weigh ins because I gained 2lbs in one week :O but that was probably because I took the fact that potatoes were free a bit too far :/.
    I'm going to try again, this time on my own and just using the internet as my resource because I work offshore and never know when I am going to be on land. Looking forward to following along your progress as I stumble along on my own little journey :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks for reading. Keep in touch with updates on your progress too :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I've come across your blog as a very fat vegan who wants to do slimming world on my own... not really any good meeting times by me! I wondered if you have the "vegan equivalent" items for the hexa and hexb and free choices... e.g. The Linda m sausages don't appear on their literature so how do we know they are free? I'm reading it everywhere though!!
    Great.blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! :)

      It's a tricky one because all the syn values for branded products are on their website or the app but you have to be a member to get access. There is also an option to do the diet through SW online if you don't want to go to group.

      I would also join one of the vegan slimming world groups on Facebook. They are very helpful.

      However, I would strongly suggest that you go to 1 meeting, just to get the book and a week or so's worth of access to the app so you can make notes etc, before going it alone, if you can't go regularly and if you don't want to do online.

      FYI, Linda Mc regular sausages and chorizo style are 0.5 syns each but the red onion and rosemary ones are free, if that helps.

      Again, all the healthy extras are listed on the app/online, but for A - it's basically only plant milks, varying amounts depending on which one you go for and b - there's a bunch of other stuff from cereals to bars and dried fruit and nuts.

      Delete